Amazon Prime is one of the most easily accessible streaming services. Amazon Prime is easily accessible, because you have an Android application, an application that can run on iOS and on your smart TV and you can get Amazon Prime on Roku as well. Meaning, you can have the best of both Amazon and Roku, at the same time.
Amazon Prime Video on Roku can be achieved by downloading it as an individual channel, or part of many of the bundles that Roku channel store offers. With Amazon prime becoming one of the most popular streaming services, it’s high time that you checked out! We’ll in this piece take you through the process of installing Amazon Prime Video on Roku and how to activate it.
Amazon Prime Video on Roku channel store
- Go to Roku channel store
- Type in Amazon Prime. Alternatively, you can even type any of the programs streamed by the application to get the search result.
- You can search and locate Amazon Prime in the search results.
- Click on the menu on the right side, and click on Install
- The program will start
- After the download, the program will install itself.
- You will now be able to access the channel from your channel list.
Activating the channel
- To activate the channel, please pick up a computer and open Roku.com/activate.
- After you do that, go to your Roku device and open the Amazon Prime Video on Roku TV.
- If this is the first time you’re opening the Amazon Prime with your Roku account, then you will have a Roku activation code.
- Please note the activation code on the TV screen somewhere.
- After noting it down, please enter the same on to the Activation link that you opened on a separate window.
- Enter the activation code and click on activate.
- Wait for the Roku website to authorize your purchase.
- After the authorization is over, you will be able to open and stream from the Amazon Prime.
Two accounts that you will need, and how to open them.
You will need two separate accounts to be able to stream Amazon Prime Video on Roku. One, a Roku account.
To open a Roku account,
- Reaching out to Roku.com
- Click on New Account, or Sign up.
- In the first sign up form, please furnish your name and contact information.
- After you complete the form and click on submit, you will be taken to a second form, that’ll ask you for the payment information.
- Please note that this information will be used for the purchases you make via your Roku account.
- After this, your Roku account creation is completed, and you can use this to login to your Roku device.
To open an Amazon Prime account
- Login to your Amazon Account
- If you don’t have one, please create one. You can use your phone number or your mail ID as your login ID, and set up a unique password to protect your account.
- Now, click on your profile.
- In there, click on Amazon Prime.
- You will be asked a confirmation for if you want to upgrade your account to
- You will have to make a payment to upgrade your Amazon account to your AmazonPrime account.
- By paying for it, you sign up for the unlimited movies, series, music and other forms of entertainment that Amazon Prime provides.
Now that you have both account credentials, please log in to both of these accounts whenever prompted during the installation of Amazon Prime Video on Roku. If you have any doubts, visit Roku.com/link.