Connect Roku to your Smart TV
Smart TV on Roku
Smart TV is also known as the connected TV is one traditional TV set with integrated network and interactive Web 2.0 features that lets its users stream music and videos, surf the internet and see view pictures. Now, this Smart TV supports various streaming devices like Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, etc. And you can connect the streaming device to the Smart TV, and download channels from its channel store.
This blog shall consist of the easy setup process and answers the question on how to setup Roku on Samsung smart tv, Connect Roku to your Smart TV, etc.
Roku Streaming Device
- The Roku streaming device shall offer you the easiest way to stream and watch all your entertainment by plugging it on HD Smart TV’s.
- Moreover, it is one simple and cost-efficient way to watch your favorite TV channels and shows.
- It helps you to save all the bucks that you spend on the cable equipment and replaces it.
- Similarly, it requires internet access to stream the contents that it consists and it has more than 50,000 movies and TV shows.
- All that you will require is network access and Roku account.
- Having all these, you can Connect Roku to your Smart TV.
Getting My Roku Account
Yes! You need to create a Roku account to install the channels and begin the streaming process on your Roku streaming player.
How to Proceed with Creating a Roku Account?
The following steps can help you to create your Roku account:
- At first, you must open a web browser and go to the Roku sign up site.
- Next, you must click the Sign in button on the upper right corner of the page.
- After that, on the right side of the page, you must click the Create Account option.
- Secondly, you must complete filling up the account form.
- Where in you have to enter the name, valid email address, and password.
- Make sure to provide a valid email ID that you are currently using.
- Then, invent a secure password for the Roku account.
- And you will be using these as your Roku account credentials later.
- If you want a Roku PIN, then make sure to set it up.
- Thirdly, choose your mode of payment to transact your bucks for your account.
- It can be either the Credit card method or the Paypal method.
- Select one of the above and pay your bucks.
- At last, once after finishing the transaction process, the Roku account will be yours.
- Link the Roku account with the Roku device using the roku.com/link.
Setting Up the Roku Device on a Smart TV
Following guidelines can help you to set up the Roku device on a Samsung smart TV:
And here, we provide you with the answer to your question of how to set up Roku on smart tv.
What does the box consist of?
- Roku streaming player
- Roku remote
- HDMI Cable
- USB cable
- Power adapter
Let’s start with the Setup Process of the Roku device on a Smart TV!
- At first, unpack the Roku box and check for the attachments.
- Next, connect the Roku to the Samsung Smart TV using the HDMI cable.
- Fix one end of the HDMI cable to the Roku device and the next end to the TV’s HDMI port.
- And make sure to note the HDMI port number.
- After that, attach the power adapter to the rear of the Roku device and the other end to the power supply.
- Secondly, turn on the TV using the Smart TV remote and choose the Roku device’s HDMI slot.
- Load the batteries into the Roku remote and then pair it with the Roku device using the on screen guidelines.
- Now, this will show you the Roku logo on the Smart TV screen.
- Then, you must select the language using the Roku remote arrow buttons and press OK after selecting yours.
Connecting My Roku device to the Wireless Network
- And now, you must connect the Roku device to the wireless network.
- The Roku device will scan for the available networks and display a list.
- If your device is not found, choose Scan again to see all the networks and press OK.
- Secondly, scroll up and down the list to get your WiFi network.
- Moreover, choose yours and press, OK.
- Input the network key using the on-screen keypad and press OK
- Finally, the Roku player will get its network access from your home wireless network.
- And once after this, the Roku device will update to its newer version.
- Make sure to confirm your display settings as per the requirement.
- This will give the Roku activation code on the Samsung Smart TV screen.
Activating the Roku device on Samsung Smart TV via Roku.com/link
- Once after the setup process, you will get the Roku activation code on the Smart TV screen.
- Make a proper and right note of this code somewhere.
- After that, you must access a web browser on a computer with access from the same network, like Roku.
- Input Roku.com/link into the address bar and hit Go.
- On this page, you will key in the Roku activation code into the activation text box.
- Check for the code twice before submitting, or else it can lead you to the activation issue.
- Similarly, sign in with your Roku account using the credentials and click the Activate button.
- If you don’t have a Roku account, ensure that you build one using the above guidelines.
- And this shall start the activation process of the Roku device.
- Moreover, this is how you will link the Roku device and the Roku account using Roku.com/link.
How to solve this Roku activation issues?
Following guidelines can solve and prevent the Roku activation issues:
- At first, you must make a note of the proper activation code.
- Next, check whether the code is active or run out of time.
- Press the Roku star button and regenerate another activation code.
- Now, enter the new code into the text box and check whether the issue persists.
- After that, check for the network connection on your Roku device.
- Restart the wireless router if facing any issues.
- Also, try restarting your Roku device by disconnecting it from power.
- Secondly, make sure that you are using the correct activation link.
- Try using some other web browser to reach the Roku activation site.
- Check for all the basic cable connections so that you readjust the Roku device.
- Finally, check whether the issue persists or it has been solved with the above solutions.
If you want to know more details about Connect Roku to your Smart TV or answer for how to setup Roku on Samsung smart tv, you contact our specialized expert team @ +1-866-218-9910.